Please send good karma, prayers, puppy drool... Whatever ya got

I would go to the unemployment office and speak with a rep there about the situation. I had a friend whose boss mad the working conditions so intolerable she quit (after working there 15 years as the office manager). She was given unemployment after a short interview with the boss, even though the boss disputed her unemployment status. If your hubby's resume stands up and they are "demoting" him without cause, the unemployment office will probably consider this in the dispute.

I live in Indiana (another "right to work" state, so it may or may not work there).

I'd send you puppy drool too, but I don't have any pictures handy ( 5 mo. old Great Pyrenees, drool city!!!)

Where did you live before this job was offered? If you were out of state the at will rules do not apply. I found a pretty good site on the laws of employment in TX.

http://www.weblocator.com/attorney/tx/law/b22.html

I think I would go over the 'boss' and talk to a higher authority in this matter. They are slandering his character and you can prove his resume with past employers. Get another Lawyer's opinion too.....

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom