1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Please send me good hatching vibes

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by momma's chickens, Apr 12, 2009.

1. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Songster

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    I put 6 of my chicken eggs in my "new" used incubator 19 days ago and by candling found out only 2 were fertile. Then like an idiot who didn't know what she was doing I bought some eggs and put them in there 8 days ago. Well I have been trying to make a hatcher because yesterday was day 18. I started the hatcher last Monday and had to fiddle with the temp for four days and humidity for three days. I was so frustrated and then yesterday I put the two eggs in there and the temp was still varying by four degrees, down to 99 and up to 103. This is a still air hatcher. I stayed up last night and every 45 minutes checked the temp and fiddled with it. Around 3 this afternoon, the temp and humidity stablized and everything looks good. I am just so scared I killed these babies in the process of trying to figure it all out.

Please cross your fingers for me! My dd is so excited and I know all things don't work like we want them too, but I am hopefully.

2. william9792

william9792 Songster

Nov 23, 2008
    graham, nc
    it will be ok, i also have 100 NHReds hatching out tonight. so here are the hatching vibes you need [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. willowcol

willowcol Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Macclesfield NC
    Good hatch vibes are coming your way!!!! Doesn't sound like you should have a problem those temp changes aren't bad at all.

4. luckygarden

luckygarden In the Brooder

Mar 19, 2008
    Leander TX
    Here another good hatching vibes
    Since this morning I got 25 babies, I am still hoping I got more babies hatch on Easter Day , all of them still run around inside the incubator

I am so happy today because in the past 21 days I was worry, the temperature was up and down, I almost gave up because I thought I cooked them when I saw my temp gauge was 105F that was 2 or 3 times during 21 days the temp raised to 105F

when they start zip, I make a noise "cheep cheep", and they cheep me back, few hours later I got baby, the first baby will help others hatch

anyway, keep your finger cross, go rest, tomorrow when you wake up you will hear a cheep cheep from those beautiful fluffy baby

good luck

5. BirdBoy88

BirdBoy88 Angel Egg

Dec 26, 2007
    Maryland
    Awesome hatching vibes your way and many more! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Sissy

Sissy Songster

Jul 18, 2007
    Sevier county, Tn.
    Hatching vibes being sent
    to you.

7. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Skitz

Skitz Skitz15k

Nov 11, 2008
    Texas
    my temp. has gone to 108 for about an hour and they still hatched!!! I think that that was a miracle, hatching vibes coming your way [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks everybody - I know it is only 2 eggs but since we came this far, I don't want to kill them.

At 4:45 this morning when the Easter Bunny came there was nothing and now at 7:31 there is a pip. I am so excited. It is Easter morning!!!!

William and Luckygarden, also sending you hatching vibes!

10. momma's chickens

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Now we have two pips and they are peeping, I can see a beak of one working to get out. WOO-HOO!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by