Please show me your rabbit hutches!

ChickensRDinos

Songster
7 Years
Aug 19, 2012
Los Angeles
I am about to go down the meat rabbit-hole and am planning on building my own hutches. This is my first rabbit experience so I would love to see pictures of your rabbit set up. What has been successful and what do you wish you had done differently?

Thank you!!

Right now we have two mixed breed does in there (Flemish/Dutch mix and a Chinchilla/California mix), but my husband is building a bigger hutch for them (3 by almost 3 each spot) and we will move our two adolescent New Zealand bucks into here.

This is our other hutch in progress:

This is my rabbit run with barn. It's kind of like a small rabbit colony.

Here's where I house my breeding and show rabbits.

It's all still a work in process, everything is going to be moved around. I also have some regular just wire cages that I'm going to turn into hutches and move outside.

Regrets: Nothing major. I wish we had left more room in the 8 hole hutch for trays. I love the run and barn, everything has held up really well and the rabbits love it.

Right now we have two mixed breed does in there (Flemish/Dutch mix and a Chinchilla/California mix), but my husband is building a bigger hutch for them (3 by almost 3 each spot) and we will move our two adolescent New Zealand bucks into here.

This is our other hutch in progress:

Thank you! This picture is super helpful.

This is my rabbit run with barn. It's kind of like a small rabbit colony.

Here's where I house my breeding and show rabbits.

It's all still a work in process, everything is going to be moved around. I also have some regular just wire cages that I'm going to turn into hutches and move outside.

Regrets: Nothing major. I wish we had left more room in the 8 hole hutch for trays. I love the run and barn, everything has held up really well and the rabbits love it.

Thank you! This is lovely. Do you rabbits are get along in the run? How much time do they spend together?

Thank you! This is lovely. Do you rabbits are get along in the run? How much time do they spend together?

They get alone pretty well, but that's not always the case.
I house 4 rabbits in there, Mini Lop Mom, her two neutered sons, and my American Fuzzy Lop doe. The mom is the head honcho and the AFL is second. The two boys are very fat and lazy and comply to pretty much whatever the girls want. They also have lots of room and to run away from each other if a conflict arises. Usually if they're all out in the run and one of the girls starts to pick on a boy, the boy will run into the barn and the girl will forget about him.

Here are their cages.

The cages are in this covered shed.

Back
Top Bottom