Please show off your tall skinny feeders

Quote:
I like that design but our chicks are only 3 weeks. I wonder if they'd be able to reach the feed.

The Schwartzfarmnc design is what I thought you would probably be looking for or wanting when you said you only had 10" width, it kind of rules out the L-Shape design.

You could either put some wood or bricks and stair step it for the chix to stand on so they could reach. Or you could just not glue the bottom parts and get reducer pieces for the bottom part that are smaller than the 3" or 4" and change size as they grow to what you need.

Great options here -- I love the PVC feeders. It looks like a great way to refill the feed from outside the coop!

Quote:
Yes, but I've read that some people don't glue at all and believe it on not sometimes when you put the pieces together just bare or raw without glue, they can sometimes stick in place and be really hard to pull apart and yet sometimes they're very loose, so just depends. However, I would for sure glue the waterers and seal them up, if you don't, well.... you'll find out
smile.png

I personally glued my feeders and waterers with the purple pvc primer and pvc glue, which you can buy small bottles of both together in a dual-pak at HomeDepot real cheap. But you'll need to let it air out for a day, because it does get the smell of fumes inside if you don't. I also had to use some blue walmart mighty putty epoxy stuff around the nipples and backs where I have the screw rings for hanging.

Last edited:
Quote:
Ours are just like this with the exception of an added 2-3 inch extension of pipe at the opening. Before adding this extra piece, our hens just shoveled all the food out of the feeders. For younger birds, we just put a cement paver stone under the feeder so they can reach the food.

Quote:
We don't use any glue, and at 3 weeks, you will need a small stepping stone or 2x4 for about 2 weeks then they are big enough to eat straight from the feeders in my own experience.

Back
Top Bottom