Please tell me how to hatch peacocks!

I think you should try it cindy i bet they are around goose size and you can always hand turn like me
wink.png
HEHEHE

No fear, I hatched mine in Chicken egg turners - in an LG, LOL No extras needed. The are slightly bigger than turkey eggs, smoother and all white/off white in color. My friend putts them in her cabinet incubator w/o the wire top thingy...HeHe

that's also a good idea. it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. to me incubation isn't an exact science, you can throw together just about anything and it will work so long as temp & humidity are stable.

Well, all I can do is wait to see if they respond and go from there. I'm thinking a couple bucks a chick would be ok. I'd just like to have the experience of hatching something new. If I had to buy bigger racks, then it probably wouldn't be worth it. If they only have a few eggs and DBF can rig a holder, then I'd try. Bator will be running anyway, and as long as the temp/humidity is the same as chickens, then it shouldn't be a big deal. Stay tuned...always a continuing saga! Thanks for everyone's input!!!

Quote:
ohh i love the Silver phoenix. i have some hatching right now. they're among my top favorite breeds! that's cool that she hatched it. did she have trouble turning it? did you have to turn it yourself? i hear chickens have trouble with goose eggs.

She is a BBR hen and had no trouble hatching it, so I guess not. She had a few other chicken eggs too. He He Every time I turned around Hubby was placing another one under her. They are very dedicated mothers and will steal eggs from other hens and sit them. My Whites and Silvers are the same way, but my BBR are the best. I felt bad because my one hen lost two of her chicks today, they fell into a low water trough and drown. She has been very upset, and kept calling. So very sad.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom