Please tell me how to pronounce Chantecler

taraann81

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Ontario
I know its a funny question but I've only ever seen this word written and I don't know which letters to stress or annunciate.

You ever watched the movie Rock-a-doodle?

That's how you pronounce it!
big_smile.png

WOW. Thanks. I am picking up some white chantecler eggs tonight and all of a sudden realized I had no idea how to pronounce it, even though I have done quite a bit of research on them. Phew now I can pick them up and not feel like an idiot. No I have not seen Rock-a-doodle, but perhaps now I will!

WOW. Thanks. I am picking up some white chantecler eggs tonight and all of a sudden realized I had no idea how to pronounce it, even though I have done quite a bit of research on them. Phew now I can pick them up and not feel like an idiot. No I have not seen Rock-a-doodle, but perhaps now I will!
Don't feel bad. I got a Bielefelder egg in with a hatching assortment and had no clue how to say it. So I started calling it the Deelyflopper egg. Then I went over the Bielefelder thread and asked them how to say it. Strange, they didn't mind me calling a Bielefelder a Deelyflopper one bit - in fact, the ones who responded to my plea actually liked it!
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom