Please tell me its not a rooster!!!!!

KirstieJG

Songster
8 Years
Feb 3, 2015
UK

I hatched trhis young juvie in June from an Olive coloured egg that I purchased from a local farm, I would guess his/her mother is a maran/araucana cross so I was hoping for an olive egg laying girl but I think I have a rooster. Am I right :-(

Sorry, it looks like a cockerel to me. The hackle feathers, large red comb and wattles and what look to be sickle feathers point toward roo.

Blast, I was hoping that you would all tell me I was being a pessimist. Nevermind, I will have to breed him with my copper black maran in the spring then instead, lets hope the neighbours dont complain too much :-|

Blast, I was hoping that you would all tell me I was being a pessimist. Nevermind, I will have to breed him with my copper black maran in the spring then instead, lets hope the neighbours dont complain too much :-|
I hope you get some cute chicks from him!

Just an update because I like a happy ending; I have six eggs under a broody hen from my copper maran that he has fetilised, he is a great cockerel, beautifully natured and looks after my hens well. I have just introduced him to blue egg laying columbine too so heres hoping for more multi coloured eggs next year from their offspring!

Just an update because I like a happy ending; I have six eggs under a broody hen from my copper maran that he has fetilised, he is a great cockerel, beautifully natured and looks after my hens well. I have just introduced him to blue egg laying columbine too so heres hoping for more multi coloured eggs next year from their offspring!

I like the happy ending! Good luck getting some great looking chicks
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom