Please tell me my Polish is Pierogi and not Piero-go

OMG! Your chick looks like mine and is exactly the same age! Let's hope that they are hens!!!!? Please...

"Muffin" 4/23/2011

16902_kevat_035.jpg

"Cookie" & "Muffin"

16902_kevat_030.jpg

I'm hoping chewie is a girl "she" looks more feathered out than yours does on the neck chewie got her feathers fast and has no sign of comb or waddles where as my black polish is staring to get a bit of red under "his" poof

6chick*start :

>When his comb and wattles are bright red (varies by breed), fertile eggs are safe/fine to eat.>

At 5-1/2 weeks I see no comb at all. Maybe I just don't know what I am looking at?
Pierogi's tail is always straight up, although not in these pics, and she has no 'saddle feathers'?
So, she's a girl right
wink.png

At 5 1/2 weeks, you will not see saddle feathers (wait a few MONTHS and you may). Polish have a very small V-comb, or at least they should. No comb is actually best. Hairdo is what will tell you gender on a polish, and it is too early to be sure. Girls will have the '50s and '60's bouffant or bubble hairstyle. Boys will display the Albert Einstein look.​

My Polish are 6 weeks old. Yours def. look like roosters. Here is my female, please forgive the fuzzy pic. Males have almost a mohawk at 4 weeks and straight head feathers, feamales have rounded hair and small feathers in the back of the head that fold over towards the back.

80851_polish_004.jpg

80851_polish_005.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
this is kinda what chewie's and miss q's do's are starting to do they don't look like Eistien

Back
Top Bottom