Please tell me this isn't the same thing that killed my sweet Mia 2 days ago

:( Thanks for the clarification.. so pretty much it's just not worth getting any birds ever..I did all I could keeping both types of quail in separate cages and on different sides of the property and I'm always out there cleaning their feeder /waterer and it's still not enough because the breeder didn't do their due diligence and warm us these birds might be infected and didn't keep all of his birds separated.. this is awful..as long as the others don't show symptoms I guess I'll just keep them and let them live out their days as pets now.. even Freya if she clears up.. pretty expensive pets but they can't help it.. and just hang my hat up on EVER getting more
I'm sorry.

It doesn't mean never to get them again, but check your source more carefully. When I have customers who want to choose birds rather than have me box them up for me have to step into a water/bleach bath before going into my yard. I have a pair of shoes that I only use in my garden/yard.

These are a few things to look for in someone who cares about their bio security. NPIP certified is best. That way you know that they practice bio-security and their birds have been tested for common diseases.

:( Thanks for the clarification.. so pretty much it's just not worth getting any birds ever..I did all I could keeping both types of quail in separate cages and on different sides of the property and I'm always out there cleaning their feeder /waterer and it's still not enough because the breeder didn't do their due diligence and warm us these birds might be infected and didn't keep all of his birds separated.. this is awful..as long as the others don't show symptoms I guess I'll just keep them and let them live out their days as pets now.. even Freya if she clears up.. pretty expensive pets but they can't help it.. and just hang my hat up on EVER getting more
It's not an EVER thing... You can sanitize your cages and wait a few months.

I'm sorry.

It doesn't mean never to get them again, but check your source more carefully. When I have customers who want to choose birds rather than have me box them up for me have to step into a water/bleach bath before going into my yard. I have a pair of shoes that I only use in my garden/yard.

These are a few things to look for in someone who cares about their bio security. NPIP certified is best. That way you know that they practice bio-security and their birds have been tested for common diseases.
I understand ..I've just learned all their little personalities and each one does its own funny stuff..they are such sweet animals..but I'm not going to bother with birds anymore..I do appreciate your help though.. :)

It's not an EVER thing... You can sanitize your cages and wait a few months.
Thanks for you help but I think I'm just gonna call it quits with ever getting anymore .it's heartbreaking when they get sick and I don't have any vet in all the surrounding states by me that treats quail.. but still, thank you for your suggestion and help:)

Thanks for you help but I think I'm just gonna call it quits with ever getting anymore .it's heartbreaking when they get sick and I don't have any vet in all the surrounding states by me that treats quail.. but still, thank you for your suggestion and help:)
I hear you.
I myself would not want to be having to medicate birds to keep them alive either.

In the future remember that an ounce of prevention is worth its weight in gold.

Take a break for a few months or whatever and then start over. Don't throw the towel in just yet.

I hear you.
I myself would not want to be having to medicate birds to keep them alive either.

In the future remember that an ounce of prevention is worth its weight in gold.

Take a break for a few months or whatever and then start over. Don't throw the towel in just yet.
:)

Hi
I had this same problem with my hens. I decided I’d let them live their lives, but one by one they kept dying. It was heartbreaking :hit:hitin the end we decided to cull the last 3 rather than put them through anymore ☹️ I feel your heartbreak, I completely understand why you feel like you don’t want anymore, I felt the same, I have 25 babies now 😊 and I’m so glad I got them, they will never replace my girls, but I love them just the same ❤️ Give yourself time to heal.

Sorry for your hassles. How would you feel about treating them with antibiotics?
Hi casportpony,I treated my sweet Mia with enrotex and now Freya is being treated with it but as of right now my other 12 quail are fine (knock on wood) but if you have any suggestions I'd gladly appreciate it..:)

Hi
I had this same problem with my hens. I decided I’d let them live their lives, but one by one they kept dying. It was heartbreaking :hit:hitin the end we decided to cull the last 3 rather than put them through anymore ☹️ I feel your heartbreak, I completely understand why you feel like you don’t want anymore, I felt the same, I have 25 babies now 😊 and I’m so glad I got them, they will never replace my girls, but I love them just the same ❤️ Give yourself time to heal.
Hi Mrs J, thanks for your story..I hate that happened to you as well..but 25 ,my gosh I bet they each have their own little personalities like my quail and are a joy to have:)

Back
Top Bottom