PLEASE tell me what breed!!!!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by msrma7670, Dec 23, 2007.

1. msrma7670

msrma7670 Chillin' With My Peeps

Can anyone please help me determine the breed to this bird? I Belive it ma be a silver laced wyandotts, or a deleware or a silver leghorn can not say for sure. Yes this was a hatchery bird from mcmurry i have gone back to the website and tried to figure it out but maybe someone can point me in the right direction. THANKS

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Well, I can't tell you what it is, but I don't think it's a silver lace wyandott, doesn't look a thing like mine.

3. soonerdog

soonerdog Chillin' With My Peeps

Not sure....but it looks like an Easter Egger to me. [​IMG]

4. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2007
    Longmont, CO
    Oh yeah, I had one that looked like that too. I forgot. I'll vote EEer too. I didn't notice the green legs at first.

5. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

With that little beard and green legs I bet it's an EE and a little boy at that. Cute face! [​IMG]

6. msrma7670

ARE easter eggers normaly very high strung this one is very high strung and flighty? The legs are green/blue but does that mean he isone. Yes he will perty when he all grown up. Thanks for all the input so far.

7. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Yup, definitely an EE and yes, most of my flock is high strung although with good handling they can be very tame as well. They are flighty and ours fly quite well. How old is this bird? The neck feathers look girly to me.

Jody

8. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    I agree also, it's an Easter Egger.
    Are you sure it is a roo?

9. msrma7670

It is 5 weeks old. And no I have not looked under the tail feathers yet. However it is facing off with others and flexes it's neck feathers and this one is in charge of about thirty others all the same age but difrent breeds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

THANKS EVERYONE

10. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Well, at 5 weeks, then yes it is a boy. It will go through many color changes before maturity, but will be a handsome roo.

Jody

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by