Please Tell Me What Winnie Is!

that is what is fun about getting a suprise assorted package! The only one I was sure about was my silver laced wyandottes, that I actually ordered and the turken!! That was an easy one!! They look so funny!!!
it is fun guessing what they are, even if we are wrong and they turn out something totally different!!!!
chicksapril21-2008016.jpg

She looks more like an australorp. That is not a SLW....

Here is my SLW:

2 days old:
HPIM2259Small.jpg

See the wing pattern? You can see the markings on the wings:

HPIM2337Small.jpg

11 days old:
HPIM2370Small.jpg

Here are my australorps at 11 days old: They have the black on the beaks too.

HPIM2375Small.jpg

HPIM2371Small.jpg

She is beautiful though...no matter what she is.
wink.png

Last edited:
Mystery solved, Cetawin!!! Your pics did the trick! Betsy the Black Australorp is really a SLW! And Winnie is an Australorp! Those were the two chicks out of the six I wasn't positive about when I picked them up. I made an educated guess that Winnie was the SLW based on the fact that Betsy was almost solid black (like a BA). I guessed 100% wrong! So it's my precious little Australorp that's been struggling with the slow crop, bless her heart! Thanks everyone for your opinions...a little deductive reasoning and some great pics and we got it figured out!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Last edited:
YAY! Glad I could help. If it makes you feel any better...they are awesome! Big girls..

This is Holly at 4 weeks:

Hollynchy.jpg

My SLW at 4 wks...she is a mess! Spoiled, thinks she is a parrot or house chicken:

Speckles.jpg

What have you tried feeding her, other than her chick starter? Maybe some yogurt, boiled egg or applesauce?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom