GoldenSparrow

Songster
8 Years
Mar 11, 2011
I am looking for some good chicken names for my baby chicks,
Please tell me your chicken names.
Thank you
big_smile.png

Snookie and Sweetie (Jersey Giant girls)
Tillie (Columbian Wyandotte - named after someone else's "Attila the Hen" on BYC)
Bebe (Buff Brahma)
Darla, Dotty and Dolly (Dominique girls)
Ruby (Rhode Island Red)
Lucy (Partridge Rock)
Smidge (Silver Sebright)

Ours usually don't get named until we know a little something about them. Our rooster is Cogburn (from Brewster Cogburn?). We used to have a hen named Diane for Diane Fossey because it liked to hang around us primates.

I wanted a theme for naming my chicks..either supermodels or Greek goddesses, but got overruled by my daughter. Actually, since I wanted her to have an interest in the chickens as well, we compromised.

We have two super models: Tyra and Heidi
Two were named after Harry Potter characters: Hermoine and Luna
Two are Greek Goddesses: Juno and Diana (although we've started calling Diana "Princes Di" because she is so sweet)
One my daughter named Emajean...I don't know why
And the last got named twice...once Zena Warrior Princess and once Princess Kate so we tend to call her Zenakate. She behaves more like a warrior princess than Princess Kate so her name may be shortened to Zena over time.

I'm going to admit her that while I can identify six of the eight girls, I can't tell the two Welsummers; Heidi and Hermoine apart.

Quote:
Aren't those Welsummers hard to tell apart??? We've taken to calling ours the twins, although their names are Penny and Lucy.
wink.png

My other two are named Ellie and Tweety.

Gertrude
Goldie
Mable
Addie-belle
Adaline
Mable

(all named after friends who have passed away....my SIL thinks it's morbid lol. We love the names and think the ladies would love it!)

We kinda do themes too... food always seems to come back around! lol!

We have Pecker (daughter picked this because she pecks everything couldn't argue w/ her innocence) , Chrystal, Baby Blue, Bumble, Chewbacca, Cleopatra, Wonder Chic, Ming Ming, Jelly Bean, Abe Lincoln -started out woodstock from snoopy but color turned more like a copper penny so my daughter renamed him, Isabeau, Navarre, and Lady Igraine, and one still unnamed as we are not sure if it's a he or she...

In the past we have had, Banana Pudding, Hersheys Kiss (kisses), Bobo, Peanut Butter, Macaroni, Chesnut, Fluffy, Acorns, Dot, etc...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom