Please tutor me to raise Cornish X for my freezer

Once they get settled in, you'll see them sleeping. When they're peeps, they are soooo cute. They sleep all splayed out and then a friend will come up and drape their neck/chin over their friend's neck and it will turn into the biggest peep snuggle pile ever. Then about 3 minutes later someone will stand up or poop, or step on someone else and they'll all get up because they realize they are hungry and this process repeats again in another 15 minutes. It's fun to watch.

Dan

had mine butchered today
big_smile.png

Lucky you, Katy! I know you are happy. How old were they? Did you have good size?

I can not believe that 2 day old chicks are this active. They are eating constantly already. Is this the norm? I have 2 quart sized waterers in with 25 chicks, and have refilled them already. Holy cow, I did not expect this quite so quickly.

my 25 drank 5 GALLONS A DAY!!!
mine were 8 weeks, they all weighed right at 5 lbs carcass weight.
Mine were more active than I expected (especially when they saw me coming with the feed bucket) up until the last two weeks, then they pretty much laid around all day (until they saw me coming with the feed bucket!)
occasionallly one would escape the run (on complete accident) and would come up to me to be put back in with the feed lol.

de nada! I'm excited for you, while I am not going to do the CX again, my experience was a good one and I hope yours will be too. I'm looking for to hearing how the birds (and you) handle the heat - keep us posted.

Katy .....
These things are just gross! They are not even a week old, and still in the brooder, and I have never ever seen so much poop!
sickbyc.gif
I can not even keep the brooder clean enough. I am moving them outside tomorrow! OMG, I do not know if I am gonna survive this little venture!

So, now do I start withholding feed at night? Just feed during the day, right? Water at all times.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom