PLEASE We Need Prayers Here in Arizona

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by azhenhouse, Jun 6, 2011.

1. azhenhouse

azhenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    North Eastern Arizona
    It has finally happened. The beautiful mountains I grew up in has gone up in flames, and all because of two careless men who left a fire unattended (they thought they put it out before their hike). [​IMG] Not only did they destroy acres of absolutely gorgeous land, but they lost the lives of their two dogs they left behind tied to a tree. Structures have been destroyed. People have had to leave their homes, and as I type this more communities are being evacuated. The shelters they have set up for evacuees are not allowing pets. It makes it hard for those who have animals. There are a lot of ranchers around here worried about their horses and cattle. Not only are people loosing their cattle that were grazing on the mountain, but we are loosing large amounts of wildlife. The elk, deer, bears, wild horses, baby bald eagles, raccoons, etc. can't out run this fire. It is really sad. [​IMG] It makes me sick!!! [​IMG] We are worried that it might start heading towards our home. We have started planning a evacuation for our family, just in case. I have a family of five, 18 chickens, 16 ducks, 4 dogs, and 2 parrots that would have to be evacuated out of here.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, we need lots of prayers. Pray for all those who have been evacuated. Pray for all those men and women fighting this fire. Pray for the forest and all the animals who call it home. Pray that these darn 40-50 mile winds will go away. Pray that this fire will be contained soon. Pray that we get rain, as they are saying that this could burn until our monsoon. Our monsoon starts at the end of June, first of July. Pray that no more people will have to be evacuated. And yes, pray for the ones who started this fire. Personally, I am pretty angry at them right now, and can't. Guess you should pray for me too. [​IMG]

If you would like to read more about this fire here is a link to our local paper.

http://www.wmicentral.com/

Thanks
    everyone.

2. turney31

turney31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    Prayers! [​IMG]

3. deserthens

deserthens Out Of The Brooder

Feb 13, 2011
    Tucson, Arizona
    Prayers. And lets hope the wind dies down to give the firefighters a chance!

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    Oh Geez

We get huge fires here. I'm so sorry. Please stay safe!

Lots of prayer coming.

6. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

This Morning, when I left for town just a few miles away, I couldn't see 2 blocks down my street because of the smoke from that fire in the White Mountains of Arizona. (As the crow flies...I'm probably 75-80 miles away...by road...at least 150 miles....here near Gallup, New Mexico.) I talked to a man today who had driven in from Santa Fe, NM...it is SMOKY there, too as well as in Albuquerque. This is a BIG FIRE !!!

I know that area well. Beautiful ! Great Hunting area too!

We NEED RAIN and no more WIND !!!

It's as DRY as a "tinder-box" in the Southwest USA.

-Junkmanme- [​IMG]

7. chickendiva25

chickendiva25 I'm a Spy. :3

Wow, that sounds horrible! Don't worry, I'll say an extra prayer tonight!

8. chixie

chixie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    done

9. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Praying for everyone dealing with these devastating wildfires.

10. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Sending prayers [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by