Plese read I have a bit of a temper on this one! Its my dad pleaseHELP

Chicken Charlotte

Out of the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 7, 2010
QLD
I cant belive it none hatched! Its so annoying I just wanted to hatch them for a friend and he is not letting me buy some for her out of my own money I reckon coz he cant be bothered to drive me to the poltry farm its only 10 mins away
he.gif
I am so soooooooooooooooo angry at him
barnie.gif

Everything I have asked to do with my chickens he has said no I dont think I have ever had a proper straight away yes thats what I hate a parent has got to say yes sometimes right.
I AM SOOOOOOOO ANGRY right now I feel like running round breaking everything my friend is so upset I wish I could do anything with my chickens and buy anything I want GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. The only other option is to wait ANOTHER 3 weeks and what if they dont hatch I have already done it twise, I wish I could show my annoying dad what its like grrrrr I know im getting verry angry but he has never said yes to anything about my chickens like straight away he always says UHHH let me think about that NO dont laugh at that because the first time yes its funny the second time oh boy do you feel like smashing rrr im not even gonna say that
somad.gif

Last edited:
As soon as I wrote this I felt better I felt like I let it out In other words I was angry those things I said about dad were harsh
hmm.png
oh well I have now worked it out I guess things with chickens asking my parents are always going to be a no until I move. IM GONNA RAISE CHICKENS, COWS, PIGS MABY EVEN A FEW SHEEP AND DEFIANTLY HORSES!!! Then they will see what I wanted to do they will probably be glad they said no LOL but still I guess at least I have some chickens
D.gif

Some times I just cant help but say MORE More!!!!! like 123 wheres the 4 I better fill it in then the 5 then 6 and then ok I think you get the point:) There are going to be heaps of these times but I think BYC helps me pull through. And I cant ALWAYS blame it on my dad or mum because half of it im not thinking straight:( wish I was then at the time I could stop myself when the time come again I bet I will think of me writing this and say that time was different this time ITS ALL THE FAULT Peeps be ready to keep teaching the young
old.gif

Last edited:
It's okay, sweetie. We all get frustrated when we can't get what we really want. It's good that you have us to vent to when things don't go your way. But you will find that not even adults always get to do what they want.... Either money, or job demands, or our children need something, and we just have to put it off until later... Enjoy what you DO have to the fullest. Don't always be wanting more, more more. Pretty soon, you will have so much to attend to, that you can't really enjoy any of it.

Thankyou for those kind words tommorow instead of buying 2 im going to trade some with my nextdoor neighboor just to make sure there fertile:)

As one of the parents that always said no until A real good reason was stated, I can tell you this. Explain to your Father like you are thinking of becoming a vet. That you would like to see how the life of a chicken starts and finishes. That once you raise a few eggs for the table and have had a good chicken dinner or two, maybe he will see things your way.

I know how you feel, however, I AM an adult, I have 4 kids myself. We don't always get what we want, or when we want them. Your parents are doing the best they can, I'm sure. Doesn't make it less frustrating though. Chin Up!

Patience, dear girl. You are a most ambitous young lady and that is not a bad thing. Learning to do things correctly takes time and patience. You had some bad hatches. The next question to ask yourself is why? I incubated 6 eggs for the first time this past month and only one hatched. I took the time to open the failures and ask people on this forum what went wrong. Now that I have a better understanding of what I did wrong, I am about to try again doing the right things. I see you found the solution to your problem of more eggs by arranging a trade with a neighbor. A well thought out discussion on why you wish to do something is often much better than an angry tirade.

Back
Top Bottom