Plethora of Plans for Coops, Feeders, Nests, Etc

Great info! Thanks, I just wish I could read/speak carpenter-ese
lol.png

Wow! That's some really interesting stuff. Check out the dates, many are from the 20's and 30's. Some structural requirements may have changed, but the coop layouts offer some great ideas, especially for anyone looking for ideas on large layer houses.

Thanks for the link!

There is a thread somewhere in the archives with several more and that link to many other old style coops. I'll search around and see if I can find it.

OMG, I think I need to go back to school! I opened one of the plans, took a look at the detail and hightailed it out of there! I'm the kind of "carpenter" who needs everything labeled A goes to A, etc.
lau.gif

Did you see the three-story broiler house? Wow...

I wouldn't want to be tasked with the chore of raking the litter out, but that house is really something!

If a person can look at drawings and visualize the finished product, old plans like that can keep you occupied for hours.

There are a few plans there that are questionable, like the caged layer houses (I think everyone would agree that those need to fade to black). But most of them are open-aired with roosts and separate feeding/laying areas.

Neat stuff.

Yeah, I noticed that the recommended sizes for the number of chickens was terribly skewed on some of those. But, they are fun to look through and get some ideas. Plus...I couldn't find the plans for the elevators for the 2 and 3 story coops.

Back
Top Bottom