PLs help. 10 week old white birds..

JackieinYorktown

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jun 10, 2009
I got five of these as part of a variety pack from MPC. I would appreciate any help.

33999_white_chicks_005.jpg

33999_white_chicks_001.jpg

they are pullets and i believe they are white Orpington [has shorter over lay feathers ]the leghorn are skinner and light weight.
my leghorn is sitting in the nest box on my byc page

White Leghorns. In another 10 weeks, give or take a couple, they'll start giving you white eggs.

Outstanding birds when given enough space to feel secure, but a bit nervous and flighty in close quarters.

No chance that they are white rocks?
They are free ranging starting this week and are ok tempermentally, no problems. The most curious of my 30 plus, the first ones to do everything.
. I had a feeling that they could be leghorns, but given their rep I was sort of hoping not.
I do wonder how llong they will last given how whte they are. we have plenty of cover, but they do not exactly blend in.
How old are they when they start to lay?

Quote:
Oh, yes. It didn't occur to me, but White Plymouth Rock is a definite possibility. As monkeyingaroundfarm posted, the earlobes will tell you.

They do look much heavier than my White Leghorns did at that age. Mine looked very gamebirdy for a long time. The Rocks are a much heavier bird and also have the yellow legs. They're much more suited to a backyard environment.

Back
Top Bottom