Plum is missing!

macmac955

Songster
Apr 13, 2023
This is my buff Orpington, Plum. She just started laying eggs between this week and last week. Today I realized that she had been gone all day. I feel like a bad chicken mom but I figured she’d turn up. She didn’t. I free range my chickens and I’m probably going to keep them in the run even though it’s probably too small for 8 birds. I figured she got attacked or is hiding in a nest somewhere, which is plausible because my other hens should be laying too and they’re not. It’s currently storming and pouring BUCKETS and I’m really worried for my poor girl Plum :(

Attachments

• 388B9690-E48C-43C6-8EEE-86C386806804.jpeg
    388B9690-E48C-43C6-8EEE-86C386806804.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 65
Thank you. I looked around for her after locking everyone up, but there is so much woodland around us that it was impossible to search every nook and cranny for a spot where she could be broody. (Also no feathers that I found)
Did she ever respond to something...such as shaking a bag of treats...and come to you?

I brought out the treats today and she wasn’t there. I gave it a good shake too. I only looked around for her while I was searching for her though.
Everyday a couple times you could go look for her a bit with the treats, just an idea.
If a predator doesn't get her I'd assume she'd come back.
Do you have many predators around you?

Back
Top Bottom