Plymouth Rock thread!

Hi Wynette
Here is the definition for Type out of the American Standard of Perfection, page 13.

TYPE : The general shape and form common to all members of a breed resulting from breeding to an ideal SHAPE and SIZE as set forth in the Standard of Perfection.

It is my opinion when a breeder cross a Bantam into their Bteeding Strain it sets that Strain back in Type.

You took that word to a place I did not intend it to go. But to be on the safe side I will not use that word again.

Last edited:
SP I'm not sure why you're attacking me; to be clear, I'm not the one (if it even was done) who crossed bantam into a LF line. That's Bob's opinion due to the good color he sees in my line.

Just keep doing what you're doing.

We need more SPR on the ground to be sure.

Best of luck to you.

Hi All
I have noticed in a lot of the Silver Penciled hens that the breast and wings are lighter with far less of smutty overcast than you will see on the cushion of the hen. I plan to use the double mating system to get a lighter & more define penciling in my pullet line some time in the future. I am wondering has anyone ever ran into any trouble in breeding to get the cushion lighter to where there is no smutty overcast that they start washing out all the penciling in the breast of the hen.

So I've been thinking about the SPPR project, has anyone ever made the outcross to Whites? How many years did it take to get patten correct again? Is it a more efficient route than going to dark brahma? Looking to fix size here.

Back
Top Bottom