Plymouth Rock thread!

, Yea we have hatched several silver penciled rocks, we bought eggs from Die Fly Ranch, we bought a young Cockerel also and last year we had purchased to pullets from another breeder, they have been laying for awhile and finally our roo took interest, so tonight all 4 of my first 4 SPR eggs hatched
celebrate.gif
I am so happy these are mine not someone elses, but mine
wee.gif

Yeah for you! I have some chicks coming from Dick Horstman at the end of the month. Can't wait to get them. Partridge and SPR. Maybe my lonely Partridge roo will have some company soon.

Yeah for you! I have some chicks coming from Dick Horstman at the end of the month. Can't wait to get them. Partridge and SPR. Maybe my lonely Partridge roo will have some company soon.
yeah we bought the original ones from another breeder and not sure what blood line but out of 4 one was got by a possum and one died and 2 made it and they really need some male companionship well at least I thought so, I mean you can't sell eggs or chicks with out a mate. It seemed like it took him so long to take interest in the girls for the longest time he would run from them. LOL

Ok heres a quick question. I hatched eggs that was mostly blue, black, splash rocks. Are the blues solid blue to start out or blue and yellow. Also what do the blacks look like as chicks? Thanks.

Ok heres a quick question. I hatched eggs that was mostly blue, black, splash rocks. Are the blues solid blue to start out or blue and yellow. Also what do the blacks look like as chicks? Thanks.
Blue chicks should be a solid "smoky grey" color, blacks will be black, splash are likely the ones that look blue and yellow in their down color (lightest colored of them all)

I used to raise BBS Rocks

Hope this helps

Ok so here is what i hatched 6 bbs rocks 1 barred rock egg and 1 ee egg (br x americauna) i have 3 yellow chicks that are smoky, 1 black chick with white head spot, 1 blue with yellow under its behind, 2 blue with yellow on face neck belly, and 1 black with same yellow as the 2 blues. Just trying to determine who is who. Wish i could post pics. Everybody is 3 weeks and feathering in pretty good. The black chick with head spot is getting dark barred wings. Think you can help me figure it out?

Well...hold out a little hope. Their legs are slightly "washed" in a slate color, so they might fool me. BUT, I raise Col Rocks in LF and anytime I have tails "tightly bunched" like these in the pix, they are males
Is that tail posture the same fore many breeds? I also have a Black Sex Link from the same place that seems boyish. I know nothing about chickens though.

Back
Top Bottom