Plymouth Rock thread!

She started 3 weeks ago and hasn't missed a day.

That's exciting! My white rocks are 15 weeks and I would like them to start laying while my husband is in town on leave for August. (He's military and we are living apart for the next 13 months until he separates from the army)

Last edited:
Finally got a picture of the other Stukel line BR hen I have, Wynette. She was scarce when the photos were happening yesterday.

When put up against my 4 yr old daughter of a hatchery hen, Fern, you can see the huge difference in quality, though Fern is a stupendous layer even at her age and lays larger eggs than the others.

She looks great Cyn. Mine are still looking really good too. My second generation is coming along nicely. I should have 10 more pullets this year. Everybody raves about how nice they look compared to the hatchery lines.

Hey everyone! Im in North Carolina and I just noticed this thread. I love my Barred Rocks! They are my favorite breed of chicken. This is "Fat Girl", she is the largest and most friendly of my girls. Every day she expects to be held and petted, rain or shine, wet chicken or dirty chicken, clean work clothes or yard clothes! I always think that when they hatch with green eyes, its the prettiest.

Back
Top Bottom