Plymouth Rock thread!

I picked up a Duckworth ckl today. He has a lot of growing to do but his sire was a awesome rooster. Had a in my opinion great tail and a all around good looking bird.

He has two roosters and I think about six hens, they were free ranging so it was kind of hard to tell. I really liked the Roos so went ahead and bought a ckl. Probably around 20 young stock from 3 to 5 months old. I have BR that I got from this guy in Ok. He used 5 lines to get the birds that he has and that I have. They look pretty good but the tail issue is still there.

He has two roosters and I think about six hens, they were free ranging so it was kind of hard to tell. I really liked the Roos so went ahead and bought a ckl. Probably around 20 young stock from 3 to 5 months old. I have BR that I got from this guy in Ok. He used 5 lines to get the birds that he has and that I have. They look pretty good but the tail issue is still there.
Five lines of Barred Rocks crossed together?

Wow. Must be a new method to improve a old Heritage line of old breed chickens. For me I will find the best line have ten chicks sent to my home and then pick two pair and move forward. Now the question is which and where do I get the ten best chicks.

Bob

Last edited:
Last edited:
Does anyone know if Ugly Ducky " Gloria " still has any Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks. I think this is were Wynette got her start sometime around 2009.
By the looks of the Silver Penciled Rocks on this link Ugly Ducky had very nice stock.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...uth-rock-eggs-lg-fowl-n-p-i-p-mo#post_4231437
Might want to check with Wynette....I think she got her stock from a local lady up her way, not from Ugly Ducky who I think is in the Missouri area if I recall

Perhaps Wynette can confirm

Might want to check with Wynette....I think she got her stock from a local lady up her way, not from Ugly Ducky who I think is in the Missouri area if I recall

Perhaps Wynette can confirm

Wynette please correct me if I am wrong. Ugly Ducky got Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock stock from a unknown breeder out of Illinois around 2007. Wynette got Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock eggs from Ugly Ducky around 2009.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom