Plymouth Rock thread!

This is my Silver Penciled and my Barred Rock. The BR is a hatchery the SPR is my only one right now from Mr Horstman.
Very nice yellow legs on the Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock pullet.Many don't have the bright yellow legs that is required by the Standard. Also nice penciling for a pullet that young.How old is she? I would like to see more pictures of her as she fills out.

She is 12 weeks old. I was thinking her legs may be to far back what do you think. Thank you for looking at her and the compliment on her. I am new to rocks but I love the size and temperament. I will be getting more SPR from Mr. Horstman next month.

She is 12 weeks old. I was thinking her legs may be to far back what do you think. Thank you for looking at her and the compliment on her. I am new to rocks but I love the size and temperament. I will be getting more SPR from Mr. Horstman next month.

She is young I would give her time to fill out. Once she has filled out you can make a better call if she is worth breeding or not. When looking at leg placement sometimes it helps me to look at where the thigh meet the body. Depending on the stance or stride at the moment you are looking at your bird the shank can give a misleading center of balance. JMO :)

IMG_20130916_190150_zpsa49cea24.jpg

Last edited:
Hi all. A friend recommended I post here to see what you think About some Chicks I've been hatching. I should say, I'm in Australia so things may be a little different here but here'goes.

I have these two as pets and one turned out to be a rooster so I've been hatching their eggs.

I Didn't have a proper incubator for their first season so didn't hatch any myself but someone else did and got two nice, normal chicks. This season I have an rcom and these are the first few I hatched About a week ago.

I have since hatched a total of twelve and four of them are white.

Also, the first four dark ones seem exceptionally dark and the more recent ones have more of the yellow on the head and back.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
smile.png
do you think they'll stay white or have a little barring?

Thanks
smile.png

Congratulations! I hope to do this some day, no Roosters at this time...they are so cute!

I am very much looking forward to seeing these chicks fill out.

Here is what a well known poultry judge by the name of James Carson out of Canada had to say about Danny Padgetts Large Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks.

"Their Large Silver Penciled Plymouth Rocks are also noteworthy. They've put a lot of work into this somewhat rare variety, and maintain a large group of them. The color & size of these birds is far better than what most others (that I have seen) are."

James Carson is also the APA Director over District 10 which is the eastern part of Canada.

IMG_20130919_133821_zps998b666b.jpg

I am very confident that these chicks will play a extremely large roll in the moving forward process of my Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock breeding plans. :)

Ok hatch day is here for my Danny Padgett / Silver Penciled Plymouth Rock hatching eggs.
So far 6 has hatched and looks like 4 has pipped. I am hoping to get at least 10 chicks by tonight.
smile.png

IMG_20130919_120235_zps3c0ce5f8.jpg

Congrats!!! Look like they're cuties and not even all fluffed yet....always a joy to behold new ones. Thanks for the pics!!
here's hoping for your 10!!!
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom