Plymouth Rock thread!

Hello Wynette and Aoxa

I'm so glad that both of you were able to hatch some of my sppr eggs!

As you know, I have found that they do take a long time to mature and look very awkward (ugly) until they do . . . but as long as you are patient their adult feathers are beautiful. Their tail feathers even seem to droop until they are over 6 months old,

To tell the truth, I can't tell which of these two pullets was so photogenic in the previous pics. By luck, it posed and caught the eye of some of you. I need to devise a plan for tagging them for records. Some of them are so similar, I am constantly confused. I really should get some different coloured leg bands.

Aoxa, nice to see the pic of the offspring from my black easter egger crossed with sppr. She is the only other mature hen that I plan to keep which is other than a sppr. I do have 6 other young pullets from her that I hope to disperse soon. One is black like she is and the others are a mix of white and black (almost look like CRs).

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Eat lots of pumpkin pie and turkey!

Hello Wynette and Aoxa

I'm so glad that both of you were able to hatch some of my sppr eggs!

As you know, I have found that they do take a long time to mature and look very awkward (ugly) until they do . . . but as long as you are patient their adult feathers are beautiful. Their tail feathers even seem to droop until they are over 6 months old,

To tell the truth, I can't tell which of these two pullets was so photogenic in the previous pics. By luck, it posed and caught the eye of some of you. I need to devise a plan for tagging them for records. Some of them are so similar, I am constantly confused. I really should get some different coloured leg bands.

Aoxa, nice to see the pic of the offspring from my black easter egger crossed with sppr. She is the only other mature hen that I plan to keep which is other than a sppr. I do have 6 other young pullets from her that I hope to disperse soon. One is black like she is and the others are a mix of white and black (almost look like CRs).

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! Eat lots of pumpkin pie and turkey!

Hey, I know someone in PEI that would want those EE pullets. I can pass her along the info that you want to sell them if you wish.

I haven't seen you around in a while, and am very glad you popped in to share pictures of this years outcome. I'm really looking forward to seeing mine fully mature. Do you have an idea on what age they start laying?

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'm looking forward to turkey dinner.
droolin.gif

Morning, fellow PR lovers!

PEI-C, I think it was the female to the left. She's got a really nice underline as well. The pattern is SO crisp in your line - just lovely birds. I have my fingers crossed that I can get at least one that's as nice. Any more than that, I'm the luckiest woman on the planet.

Heading to a local show this weekend; wish I had some of these lovlies mature enough to take along! Next year...

Hey, I know someone in PEI that would want those EE pullets. I can pass her along the info that you want to sell them if you wish.

I haven't seen you around in a while, and am very glad you popped in to share pictures of this years outcome. I'm really looking forward to seeing mine fully mature. Do you have an idea on what age they start laying?

Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I'm looking forward to turkey dinner. :drool

Aoxa, I had two sppr pullets laying eggs at 28 weeks this year. I have a timer set in the laying coop to come on at 5 oclock in the morning now that the days are getting shorter. I really don't want to buy eggs through the winter.

Those sppr/easter egger crossed pullets may be going to a friend of my son in law. He's out of province for the past two weeks, but I'll check to see if he still wants them. If not, I'll let you know and I'd really appreciate it if you'd let your contact know. I don't think that my contact will take all six of them.

Bye for now.

Morning, fellow PR lovers!

PEI-C, I think it was the female to the left.  She's got a really nice underline as well.  The pattern is SO crisp in your line - just lovely birds.  I have my fingers crossed that I can get at least one that's as nice.  Any more than that, I'm the luckiest woman on the planet.

Heading to a local show this weekend; wish I had some of these lovlies mature enough to take along!  Next year...

Thank you Wynette. Your birds are lovely too.

Good luck at the show! Are you taking many birds?

What a nice, nice male!!!

Thank you very much Cindy for the nice words. I have a long way to go in getting my SPPRs as nice as your awesome Buff Plymouth Rocks as your Buff are very beautiful. But I am looking forward to the years ahead of breeding this variety and the challenges alone the way. :)
Thank you, Clayton Grace "Silver Rock"

I have some new rocks. these are from Scott and I really like them but not sure if they would breed true. I have 2 roos one is solid black with dark dark legs. the other roo is silver duckwing colored and has yellow legs. I also have a pullet that looks birchen and has dark legs too. I may have other rock floating in that sea of birds.

it will not let me load pics aaaahhhhhhhh. I will try later sorry.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom