Plymouth Rock thread!

It would be nice to see LF Blacks though, First quality birds I ever owned were Black Plymouth Rock Bantams, showed them at my first ever show, 1993 Clark County Fair. Hard to find good ones of the Bantams these days too.

Donna aren't the blacks you have from the same Cobb stock that Joe is using in his blues too?

Jeff

my black and blue roos have NICE YELLOW legs. so that is not an issue with mine now. my roos came from Brookhaven birds and she got hers from Stan. nice birds over all I think. we will just have to see what the.next generation looks like.

my black and blue roos have NICE YELLOW legs. so that is not an issue with mine now. my roos came from Brookhaven birds and she got hers from Stan. nice birds over all I think. we will just have to see what the.next generation looks like.
I was thinking you had the Blacks from Scott(yardfullofrocks) for breeders those are from the Cobb mix that was being circulated between a few over to the "showbird site" that is what Joe Eminhieser used to create his Blues with. right?

Jeff

I was thinking you had the Blacks from Scott(yardfullofrocks) for breeders those are from the Cobb mix that was being circulated between a few over to the "showbird site" that is what Joe Eminhieser used to create his Blues with. right?

Jeff
Jeff

The blacks were a result of a "project cross"....not the Cobb birds

The blacks originated as a Canadian Columbian Male over a Wheeler Barred female

Quote:
Wouldnt be so hard to produce them either, Partridge Rock rooster over Barred Rock hen will produce 100% Black Rock pullets... if both parents have good type and size I dont believe should be hard for anyboyd to improve leg color

Jeff

The blacks were a result of a "project cross"....not the Cobb birds

The blacks originated as a Canadian Columbian Male over a Wheeler Barred female
I remember some of them having the silver leakage(birchen like) they were some very different awesome looking birds. I'm a sucker for the strange/off type stuff anyhow, its hard from me to stay on the "straight and narrow" (breeding birds or life in general) because of such LOL

Jeff

I remember some of them having the silver leakage(birchen like) they were some very different awesome looking birds. I'm a sucker for the strange/off type stuff anyhow, its hard from me to stay on the "straight and narrow" (breeding birds or life in general) because of such LOL

Jeff
I will be on F3s when pens are set up....plans are to create progeny to eliminate brassiness in my CR males!!

Jeff - do yours have brassy shoulders/hackles/saddles??

Back
Top Bottom