Plymouth Rock thread!

Quote:
Might have to test that too.... I have those too.......
barnie.gif
more project pens

These are the blue roo.

See the YELLOW LEGS!!!

This is the Black Roo

This is one of my new pullets she is Blue Barred

SEE the LEGS!!!! He is the black roo.

He needs more tail.....

Another Blue Barred Pullet

These are the GSBR Pullets from Frank Reese.

The Black Plymouth Rock isn't as popular in the U.S. as a Barred or White Rock but here is a Rooster and a Hen from a Germany site.

33115_plymouth_rock_zwart_haan.jpg

33115_plymouth_rock_zwart_hen.jpg

as you can see the shank color can be work up on, After the color has been Stabilized for a few years
Thanks for the breakdowns Marvin your genetics knowledge exceeds you. glad to have such good gotos on here to help us that know just enough to get stuck in rut then you can come along and pull us out of the ditch before we bury it or burn it up trying LOL

Nice pics of the Blacks there's the proof that the yellow feet can be had(in due time) OK Time for me to head back to my 'straight and narrow' I don't need to be derailed onto/into another project, got plenty for now. LOL
\
Jeff

dang it I hate when I've used up all my daily allotment of ovation/thumbs ups It leaves a feeling like I'm broke/strapped for cash or something of that effect LOL

Donna cool pics.
thumbsup.gif
I sure like seeing all that yellow feet/footage there,LOL keep on plugging away at it, you'll get it all together sooner or later LOL

Jeff

Last edited:
dang it I hate when I've used up all my daily allotment of ovation/thumbs ups It leaves a feeling like I'm broke/strapped for cash or something of that effect LOL

Donna cool pics.
thumbsup.gif
I sure like seeing all that yellow feet/footage there,LOL keep on plugging away at it, you'll get it all together sooner or later LOL

Jeff

I will work on the details late.... just need something to work with. These are a good start!

Donna invited me to join the conversation and I'd like to show you some of my birds:

Blue Barred Roo and 2 of the 3 Blue pullets I got from Stan:

Nice yellow legs on this one.

These are some of the offspring that I have gotten from this breeding:

This is the only pullet I have left. Will hope for good things from her and a splash cockerel in a few months.....

Really like this pullet. Her tail angle might be a little high, but she doesn't have that super fluffy and round look that seems to plague a lot of Rocks these days. And her leg color is decent. Easy to get males with yellow legs, females? Not so much. Look forward to seeing the results!

Back
Top Bottom