Plymouth Rock thread!

This has been making the rounds on the internet. I'm particularly pleased about the revised first line (tho any variety of Rock would have made me happy.
wink.png
)

Ha, I love it!

My own Stukel Barred Rock hens are just now finishing up molts. Here is the backside of Wynette, named for you-know-who, lol.

One of my almost 7 year old BR hens, Becca, daughter of McMurray parents. She is currently laying, too, just like her sister, Amanda. They may be hatchery-descended, but they're kicking butt in the laying department over the younger hens.

Amanda who can barely walk from arthritis, laid her egg today. Here she is, hard at work, too.

My own Stukel Barred Rock hens are just now finishing up molts. Here is the backside of Wynette, named for you-know-who, lol.

One of my almost 7 year old BR hens, Becca, daughter of McMurray parents. She is currently laying, too, just like her sister, Amanda. They may be hatchery-descended, but they're kicking butt in the laying department over the younger hens.

Amanda who can barely walk from arthritis, laid her egg today. Here she is, hard at work, too.

Cyn

Those girls look great!! How's the rest of the flock(s)??

Cyn

Those girls look great!! How's the rest of the flock(s)??

They're all adjusting to life with younger males in their midst, mostly hiding from them, though they are finally getting more used to Rex. If you recall, Isaac killed Indy, my best male out of big Ida, but I still have Rex. Then, there's Deacon out of the Tiny Terrorist and two younger sons of Isaac, one that looks like a Delaware with red streaks and the EE male. So, it's a bit chaotic right now. Here is Rex, who is Delaware x Stukel BR.
I like his silvery look, no red or gold in him at all.

My 7 yr old RIR/Buff Orp hen, Meg, started back laying again, can you believe it? She's the heaviest hen I have, though you'd never know by looking at her. The older hens are doing pretty well. I have one hatchery hen left in all the flocks, my Buff Brahma, Caroline, who is same age as Meg.

Last edited:
Cyn, he's really turning into a fine boy :)

All of my older rocks but one are still molting. It's been really cold the past couple days and they don't seem to mind. I mind. Even the water in the heated dishes were frozen.

- 32 with windchill tonight.

How many days until spring?

Ya I raise bantam columbian rocks there great I just want to see if you breed bantams to cause the large fowl are amazing

Back
Top Bottom