Plymouth Rock thread!

PHOTOSHOP!!!!!! You really caught me in a weak moment......
That is one sad looking chicken.
gig.gif
LOL

I think it's a fine picture myself, but all Naked Necks are sad looking chickens. And yes, I keep them as well.

I used to think they were hideous...now I think they're cute. The few I have are just hatchery chicks, but still cute. Good sized birds that lay quite well. My hens are pretty bossy, which I find hilarious.

the only sad thing is that we are invading this thread, lol
but who could blame us, Naked Necks are taking over.

PS, Stan I got those Barred Naked Necks ready. thanks for donating your BEAUTIFULL BR for the BNN project.

thumbsup.gif

the only sad thing is that we are invading this thread, lol
but who could blame us, Naked Necks are taking over.

PS, Stan I got those Barred Naked Necks ready. thanks for donating your BEAUTIFULL BR for the BNN project.

thumbsup.gif
Since this thread gotten derailed....I have to ask, what was the purpose/reason for developing a bird with no neck feathers??!! They do look odd to me....ever wondered if they can get sunburned??

Yeah, I have to admit that thought has crossed my mind a couple of times...kinda like those nekkid cats, or Chinese crested dogs. I always thought that people would be more attractive if they had fur or feathers to cover up the injustices of the world.

Since this thread gotten derailed....I have to ask, what was the purpose/reason for developing a bird with no neck feathers??!! They do look odd to me....ever wondered if they can get sunburned??
They have 1/3 less feathers. Easier plucking and MUCH easier killing. They are a utility bird.

They are incredibly cold hardy and heat tolerant. They are also remarkably resistant to diseases.

No they do not get sunburned :p

Back
Top Bottom