Plymouth Rock thread!

Someone suggested Turmeric added to feed will yellow up the legs too. Mine don't get to free range so their legs are not as yellow as they should be. One day I will add some to the feed and see what happens. I have some at the farm just have not used it yet.

Wanted to finish filling out my little flock of 6 so I got 2 new white rocks yesterday! Cuties are already 2 weeks old and are handling being picked up just fine.

They were a bit wonky, being in a store brooder this whole time, but they are doing much better 24 hours later. They were a bit wobbly and their balance was off, but this afternoon, their posture is good and strong, and they are even jumping up on the little roost bar I have in the brooder. Poor things went from squish to a 5 star hotel! Amazing how fast they can pull it together! Lydia is on the left and Sophie is on the right.

I
Wanted to finish filling out my little flock of 6 so I got 2 new white rocks yesterday! Cuties are already 2 weeks old and are handling being picked up just fine. They were a bit wonky, being in a store brooder this whole time, but they are doing much better 24 hours later. They were a bit wobbly and their balance was off, but this afternoon, their posture is good and strong, and they are even jumping up on the little roost bar I have in the brooder. Poor things went from squish to a 5 star hotel! Amazing how fast they can pull it together! Lydia is on the left and Sophie is on the right.
We named our new girl Lydia, too! But she's a BR (or maybe Cuckoo Marans???), and named after the girl in Beetejuice. I'm also enjoying watching our girls (6&7 weeks) adjust from the squished pen to our free range backyard. They're taking baby exploring steps, and have become much braver and more confident in just two days.

Last edited:
I feed them Flint River Mills (FRM) Show Gold Grower Finisher.

Could I beg you to look at the ingredients for me?
fl.gif

Quote:
Not if you want to shoot me...
fl.gif

Poultry By products meal???? I couldn't use that. I am leery of anything that says animal by products but ESPECIALLY POULTRY. I just don't like the idea of feeding chickens..... chickens. The feed I use has pork and the main protein. Mine is 22% protein too. The marigold is probably what is giving them the yellow legs.... I hate the smell of those flowers but might be a good idea to grow some for the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom