Plymouth Rock thread!

I guess I'm going to have to wait it out. These guys are harder to tell than the hatchery chicks. Most all of these are from Dottie. The fifth little guy came from the un-named egg. He's doing a lot better but still a bit weak.

Here they are. These are 4 of the 5 Stukel line Barred Rocks that I hatched from Speckledhen's rocks. The 5th one is still recooperating after I had to help him/her out of the shell and it was touch and go for a few hours since it was so weak but he's a lot livelier now and I think he's going to be alright. I thought I might have a roo in this bunch but now I just can't tell. Anyone's opinion is welcome.

So cute Ben. I am so excited and happy for you with this line. I wish you the best of luck with them.

I have 5 buff rocks in my flock now.

In the past I've had white and barred too.

MVC-029S-2.jpg

One of the buff rocks in this group shot....

MVC-023S-2.jpg

Beautiful! I love the color of buff rock and love the description of their personality that I have found in my research. I am new to chickens and just got my coop in place. I'm ready to order but only want around 8-10. I want a mix of barred rock, buff rock, brown leghorn and maybe white rock hens and 1 rooster. I thought I had it figured out and was going to order from McMurray then I see they have a minimum of 25. Everywhere I find that has no minimum has no buff rocks! Where did you get yours from? I'm in Kentucky.
ReplyQuote Multi

Hmm, Ben, that one could go either way, just judging by leg color. Even the males at first had a teensy bit of it. They later cleared and became more yellow than they were at the beginning.

My Dottie egg hatched! As soon as it dries off, I'll post pics and we can guess the sex. Legs at first appear dark. Darn Hova is retired and will be stripped for parts since it failed me miserably this time. The styrofoam is pretty much destroyed on the edges and I think it's "leaky" and has cool areas. I set more in the other, much less used-and-abused Hova, but, alas, no Barred Rocks are in this batch, of course.

Sorry, Stan. None of the others were even fertile. The fertility on them ran out really super fast, faster than I've ever seen after removing a rooster. Ben got all of the remaining fertile ones, except for Dottie's. If it's a cockerel, do you want him? I'd need a few $$ for him, if so, but I definitely won't be keeping it if it's a male. My Delaware will not accept a barred rooster in there. He barely tolerates the barred hens, silly guy. I keep telling him to take a look back at his own tail feathers, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom