Plymouth Rock thread!

This is Pattie she is about 5 to 6 weeks old now. Not real sure. I bought her from a local feed store a couple weeks ago at that time they said they were sexed pullets about 3 to 4 weeks old. I'm hoping Pattie is a she. Anyways, off point.. I've been handling her everyday since I got her and she doesn't seem to be getting friendly. When I put my hand in to pet the others she sneaks up bites me or pecks me as hard as she can. However her sister Astrid is same age and is as sweet as can be, warmed up to me the next day after I got her. Not sure if there is anything else I can do. I've tried treats. She won't touch them. Any suggestions?

Pattie is in the background, then Tweety and Astrid.

She may come around. For the most part they are pretty nice birds, but it seems theres always one or two that have to be difficult.

Thanks! Does she look like a Pullet? Now I'm concerned she isn't. LOL I just went over to talk to Cinnamon because Cinnamon does this little chatter thing when he/she wants to come out. As soon as a started talking to Cinnamon before even opening the brooder Pattie puffed up her entire body at me.
hmm.png
I've never seen that before!

They are hard to tell. I have some just a little older than yours and I still can't tell for sure, tho it seems I may have a few. Only thing I see on the ones that I think might be boys are their legs are very light. The pullets have darker legs.

Back
Top Bottom