Plymouth Rock thread!

My Stukel pullet, Dru, started laying a couple of weeks ago at the age of 27 weeks. Haven't posted here in awhile. The older Stukel hens are starting back laying as they finish up their molts.

Hey, Barred Rocker, how are yours doing?

My GS ringlets are not laying yet. Hatched on April 7. No combs or wattles yet. Sloooooooooooooow.
big_smile.png
HUGE does not describe the body size difference.

Dru is taking ages to fill out. The Stukels are super slow, but she is looking pretty darn broad now that she's laying. They seem to have large frames, but are slow to build bulk. That hits by the time they are closer to a year old.

Thanks for the thumbs up Jeff. How are your Barred Rocks coming along? We need some pics. As for the LF Black Rock question, maybe there are some judges or even an officer in the Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club that could respond. Charles.

Hey there Charles, my BRs are good the boys are as big as a house and the girls they are coming along and to quote Fred: "sloooow" but they are sure nice and fine with the exception of their tails. I have them penned with some RIRs about the same age and they all decided to have a feather pulling contest. I don't know who won or if they were planning on pillow stuffing party, whatever anyway they all look like crap now and it will be a long time before they look better cause they were just getting their third round of feathers from juvenile to this years permanent feathers. Oh well, they will still be pretty in Daddys eyes huh?

Jeff

Quote: I moved my GSBR and added a pullet to his pen.... she looks TINY next to him and he is twice as big as my Marans roos on either side of him! He looks like he is going to hit his head on the top of the pen too. HUGE is not a good word..... ENORMOUS might be better. He looks like a very tall turkey.

My Stukel pullet, Dru, started laying a couple of weeks ago at the age of 27 weeks. Haven't posted here in awhile. The older Stukel hens are starting back laying as they finish up their molts.

Hey, Barred Rocker, how are yours doing?
Cyn, my stukel line pullets I got from you have recently started laying too. I've got 3 eggs in the bator to see if my boy is doing his job.

i think one of my girls my be broody she has been in the nesting box all day and i gave her to eggs put her in front of her and she took them and placed them under her is this a sing of broodines

They look good, Ben. The pullet in the back especially looks like a chunkster, nice gravy bowl shape. The males in this line seem to take so darn long to grow into their huge legs. Rex looked so gangly for so long, I was beginning to wonder if he'd ever fill out, but he sure did. Unfortunately, he was bitten by a poisonous snake while on range and Scott's vet couldn't save him. Did you know they cannot get antivenin/antivenom for animals? I wasn't aware of that. Your cockerel has his dad's regal head.

Back
Top Bottom