PLZ HELP MY JUST HATCHED CHICK!!

sole survivor
sad.png

Thank you everyone for you super fast responses and piece of mind. I will post pictures once little one is up and fluffed. It has been chirping off and on and sleeping alot.. I'd be pooped too if I'd spent god knows how long shrink wrapped upside down in an egg.

Always candle all the eggs and leave them up to a week past hatch date! They may just be slow. Good luck with the one that arrived, but don't give up onthe others just yet.

Just me again. I suggested leaving up to a week longer in incubator only for the fact that I lost hope on two of my duckings for not moving, and then they were moving again two days later. That is why I candle them daily around or after hatch date. :)

(Hi Phoenix) I have left them in the incubator even when I only see a yolk after 2 weeks, as not to mess up my steady temp and humidity (as long as they don't smell or are net foaming). I've got two ducklings that were formed that I marked with a ? assuming they were no longer viable, and then they started squirming around inside. I candled them often.

Last edited:
I leave my ? mark's till last minute too. I felt so bad for her that I didn't want to seem like I was being pushy about what she should do with the others.

If they've been out of incubator for more than 30 minutes its kind of a lost cause. Like I said, I've candled 3 days in a row to find out they are still viable. I do not or will not help them hatch. They need to be able to do it on their own to build strength. If they cannot do it alone, they will most likely not survive once they are out. I leave it up to nature (to get out of their shell... although the Pekin's usually don't hatch their own, hence the incubator) but that's just me.

Back
Top Bottom