plz remember your local clothes closets.....

Fluffy-Butt-Farms

Songster
10 Years
Aug 4, 2009
Central Florida
mine helped me cloth my 4 kids in warm clothes for the upcoming winter. god knows, i wouldnt have been able to do it without them.

craigslist has me so mad, because i put an ad under wanted for clothes for the closet, and i would come get them, and it got banned and flagged, so i did the next best thing.

i went to an auction, and bought all the clothes lots they had. they are going there next weds. i figure, for the money it would have cost me in gas to go to peoples houses to get them, i spent about the same at the auction.

but eveyone has somethings in their closet they just dont use anymore. clothes closets desperately need them. plz help.

Funny you just posted that. I was JUST sitting here thinking about what to do with a massive amount of perfectly good clothes that I need to get rid of. I plan to donate them, but was trying to think where. Local thrift store, chain thrift store, woman's shelter, etc.

Just took a bag in today!
smile.png
We are going to go through everyone's clothing soon, wash and sort, eliminate the ones that I wouldn't clean my floor with and donate the good ones to the local Christian's Assistance Network.

Remember that these places also need food items, hygiene items, household cleaning agents and toilet paper/paper towels, diapers.

Our workplace has a lady that collects money and coupons and shops for us. They then place the items in boxes that are gift-wrapped and given to the CAN also, to be given out to whomever should need them. Last year an old man got one and started crying....said he hadn't had a Christmas present for many a long year.

It made me cry....and then it made me get out my checkbook this year to fund more boxes.

Mission Arlington gets ours... take donations Mon-Sat just drive up and they'll even help you unload.

OR if you don't feel like driving they'll schedule a pickup.

Oh and not just clothes either, old appliances, furniture, housewares.

A good batch of folks down there.

I appreciate the reminder, Fluffy Butt Farms. Schools can also use warm clothing and coats this time of year. We donated a coat last year? maybe it was. and it made the office staff cry when we brought it in.

Local elementary here usually does clothing drives... there's the general one... and then the winter/coat one... and they've even done a socks and undies (new) one too. It's one more thing that the PTA handles at that school.

we have quite a few "Goodwill" stores in our area. With 3-6 daughters all in their teens I get clothes from a size 0-30 and never seems that they can stay the same size. For a while I cleaned, sealed and sorted by kid size and stacked in totes. Finally figured out that 15 odd totes won't cut it anymore so we unloaded a bunch at the good will and they gave us credit to outfit our kiddo's with. Now as I pull in they ask if I am picking up or dropping off
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom