We need your amazing chicken photos for our 2020 Calendar! Submit your pics HERE!

PO SURVIVOR PICTURES

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by bluehenlover, Mar 15, 2008.

1. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Songster

Jan 5, 2008
    Heck, I stayed up the Po's butt this time- it didnt matter. They got lost or misdirected or set aside somehere... Grrrr Have you ever had to open a box with 16 dead chicks in it? It SUCKS [​IMG]

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    This is what scares me to buy from a hatchery. I always hatch out shipped eggs. I just hope the second box comes in fine. Did they say when these little guys are comming in?

3. bluehenlover

bluehenlover Songster

Jan 5, 2008
    Ive ordered from hatcheries before, this has never happened to me. And Im determined- not again, either!!! [​IMG]

4. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Maybe it was just a rare case that was accidental? Keep us posted on the second box.

5. scgamecock

scgamecock Songster

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    They are all pretty but now I know I have to have some blue wyandottes.One thing to think about is how healthy thier stock is if that many made being lost that long.You should get a no casualty shipment on the replacements.

6. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Crowing

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Too much sugar water and you will get pasty butt problems. Do you have any quik chik or raw apple cidar vinegar?

Very cute chicks!

Edited to add because some ppl don't know and might wonder why on the sugar water - sugar water acts like a laxative, pulling water into the intestines and hydrating the body and flushing the rest out as runny poop which can become pasty butt in a matter of a day or two.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  7. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Glad some made it and they are adorable:)[​IMG]

8. Farmer Kitty

Farmer Kitty Flock Mistress

Sep 18, 2007
    Wisconsin
    They are adorable. I'm glad the survivors are doing so well they must be pretty sturdy chicks.
    [​IMG]

9. amaliayosa

amaliayosa Songster

Thanks for the info miss prissy, a few of mine have pasty butt, I bet it is from the sugar water. I put 12 tablespoons in a gallon like the hatchery recommended, they arrived at my PO their third day of life.

10. lacyloo

lacyloo Cooped Up

May 26, 2007
    north florida
    they look alittle slugish but im sure after all that traveling [​IMG]
    glad to see the home

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: