POD1 Post op day one

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
Pt's name: Chloe

Diet: Reg Regular, chicken feed and water. Crop filling and emptying normally. No n/v nausea/vomiting

Activity: Up ad lib Seriously wondering how long I will be able to keep her in the kennel. She stands at the door just waiting for it to be opened then runs out and into your arms.

Elimination: Please see pic of normal BM, sorry couldn't resist.

Psycho/Social: She is perky, no s/s depression, clucking, coos when you pick her up.

No IV access.

Wound care: See pick of incision. It is literally completely closed. No redness, swelling, heat. No discharge.

She is doing VERY well. Praise the Lord.

DSCN1333.jpg

DSCN1326.jpg

DSCN1330.jpg

Thanks for all your kind thoughts!

Last edited:
Looks like she is well on her way to a great recovery. The best part is can you imagine how cool your daughter thinks you are? I bet she tells everyone this story for years to come.

Jeaucamom - Sounds like SHE is ready to go back to the coop; however, I would just make sure that she doesn't gorge herself and stretch her crop too much. It may also take her awhile for the full functioning of the crop to come back after being streched out for so long. Maybe you can put her in the coop at night to let her roost with the flock and part of the morning for the next few days then let her "rest" herself in the house and see how she does... Congratulations.

Back
Top Bottom