-Points Finger- You! You are All Enablers! I... Couldn't... Resist!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Reyvaughn, Apr 20, 2011.

1. Reyvaughn

Reyvaughn Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Off to TSC today for cat food and shavings... and to see if the Breed of the Week came in. No... And the new pullets/banties/ducks didn't arrive yet either, so we went to lunch and came back right after their delivery came in. I had to wait for an hour for the chicks to be unpacked and fresh water given. After nearly begging, I got my husband to agree to 6 new chicks - even though I only wanted 4. I decided to get 2 older Silkies since they were on discount and there was no room in the banty bin (over 100 chicks in there). I am guess the first one is about 2-3wks old. It's legs are very nicely feathered out already and bigger than the 2nd Silkie. They are more of a cream/yellowish-blue tint and not pure white.

Silkie #1 - The friendly one.
    [​IMG]

Silkie #2 - The slightly less human oriented, but still easy to handle.
    [​IMG]

Of course, I couldn't help but oogle over 2 of the new arrivals. There were some "chipmunk" colored Silkies, a pure white, some yellowish and some of the yellowish-blue creamy ones. I went for these two...

Black Silkie...
    [​IMG]

And is this one a Blue, Grey or Splash Silkie?
    [​IMG]

The last 2 were "Tetra Tints". I am using quotation marks because of all the TTs that came into TSC this year, some were pure yellow, some were yellow with rusty colored heads and some were yellow with the black spots - like a California White. Well, I got 2 of the yellow with black spots.

Now... You evil, evil enablers! Tanks to all the pretty Silkies, I couldn't stand not having one... or 4... anymore! Now, I want some Frizzles. Hey, I used your philosophy... Banties are not chickens, they don't count towards my final numbers (although I think at this point they may - there are 8 of them now).

Last edited: Apr 20, 2011
  2. juliette2009

juliette2009 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2009
    Wadmalaw Island, SC
    Good for you! Have Fun!!!

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mmaddie's mom

mmaddie's mom Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. CCourson05

CCourson05 Popping like kettle corn...

Jan 5, 2011
    Hickory Flat, MS
    8 banties is equivalent to 4 chickens. Gotta count them, but 2 are 1... [​IMG]

6. TinkleTurkey

TinkleTurkey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    Palmdale
    Here's where you're wrong. You need more. You must go back for more. They NEED you.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Oh no. Only way I am getting more is if I get Frizzles. I have 67 now (63 if I count the Banties the way you said, CCourson05) and 25 more on order! Unless... I have more than 2 Silkie roos... [​IMG]

8. Watermelon_Gypsy

Watermelon_Gypsy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    ohhh but they are SO SWEET! [​IMG] I would love some Silkies!! Just wish I had the room.

9. BooBear

BooBear Chicken Cuddler

Oct 7, 2010
    Conroe, Texas
    but they do carry frizzles. [​IMG]
    I got some cute frizzles with a side of buff silkies from TSC. They are now 4 weeks old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Reyvaughn

Mar 10, 2011
    Northeast Pennsylvania
    Quote:My husband is going to divorce me because I became the chicken lady. Oh my... I didn't need another reason to keep watching TSC.
    Hey BooBear, do you have any 1-2day old pics of your Frizzles?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by