-Points Finger- You! You are All Enablers! I... Couldn't... Resist!

Reyvaughn

Crowing
12 Years
Mar 10, 2011
Northeast Pennsylvania
Off to TSC today for cat food and shavings... and to see if the Breed of the Week came in. No... And the new pullets/banties/ducks didn't arrive yet either, so we went to lunch and came back right after their delivery came in. I had to wait for an hour for the chicks to be unpacked and fresh water given. After nearly begging, I got my husband to agree to 6 new chicks - even though I only wanted 4. I decided to get 2 older Silkies since they were on discount and there was no room in the banty bin (over 100 chicks in there). I am guess the first one is about 2-3wks old. It's legs are very nicely feathered out already and bigger than the 2nd Silkie. They are more of a cream/yellowish-blue tint and not pure white.

Silkie #1 - The friendly one.
82238_silkie1.jpg

Silkie #2 - The slightly less human oriented, but still easy to handle.
82238_silkie2.jpg

Of course, I couldn't help but oogle over 2 of the new arrivals. There were some "chipmunk" colored Silkies, a pure white, some yellowish and some of the yellowish-blue creamy ones. I went for these two...

Black Silkie...
82238_bsilkie.jpg

And is this one a Blue, Grey or Splash Silkie?
82238_bssilkie.jpg

The last 2 were "Tetra Tints". I am using quotation marks because of all the TTs that came into TSC this year, some were pure yellow, some were yellow with rusty colored heads and some were yellow with the black spots - like a California White. Well, I got 2 of the yellow with black spots.

Now... You evil, evil enablers! Tanks to all the pretty Silkies, I couldn't stand not having one... or 4... anymore! Now, I want some Frizzles. Hey, I used your philosophy... Banties are not chickens, they don't count towards my final numbers (although I think at this point they may - there are 8 of them now).

Last edited:
Oh no. Only way I am getting more is if I get Frizzles. I have 67 now (63 if I count the Banties the way you said, CCourson05) and 25 more on order! Unless... I have more than 2 Silkie roos...
duc.gif

Quote:
My husband is going to divorce me because I became the chicken lady. Oh my... I didn't need another reason to keep watching TSC.
Hey BooBear, do you have any 1-2day old pics of your Frizzles?

Back
Top Bottom