Pokemon thread~!

How long does it take?

Well, the normal shiny encounter rate (apart from friend safari) is 1 out of 8192. When using the Masuda method, chances are multiplied by 6, making it 6/8192, or, 1/1365 approx. don't expect to have to hatch that many eggs though, because normally you'll have one by ten boxes full. Sometimes you won't though, because it is random. Just make sure to have a pokemon with flame body ability in the font of your party to speed up the hatching process,(I recommend talonflame because of fly) and if you have it use the hatching o-power.

As to the foreign ditto, i would say that they work the best as that way you can breed for any shiny you want in the game as lone as you catch it of course. But, another way to go would to be to wonder trade until you got the Pokemon you wanted foreign. This is a bit of a pain in the butt though so, i would go with the ditto. As to how lone it takes, my shortest hunt was 82 eggs for my espurr, my longest was about 500 for evee with nothing so i gave up, however, i then realized that it was worth and started on my mareep, now a shiny mega ampharos, I'm so proud when i send it into battle, because, i know that it took all that work. I would also suggest trying the friend safari, i got a shiny Muk after only 5 random encounters. You just have to have the patience and it develops the more you hunt. Also, a cool little tip, if you want to breed say a shiny furfrou which is black, catch a female furfrou with a luxury ball ( or any ball you want ) , breed it with your ditto, and then you have a shiny furfrou in a luxury ball, all the babies other then that will also be in this ball. Hope i helped.

As to the foreign ditto, i would say that they work the best as that way you can breed for any shiny you want in the game as lone as you catch it of course. But, another way to go would to be to wonder trade until you got the Pokemon you wanted foreign. This is a bit of a pain in the butt though so, i would go with the ditto. As to how lone it takes, my shortest hunt was 82 eggs for my espurr, my longest was about 500 for evee with nothing so i gave up, however, i then realized that it was worth and started on my mareep, now a shiny mega ampharos, I'm so proud when i send it into battle, because, i know that it took all that work. I would also suggest trying the friend safari, i got a shiny Muk after only 5 random encounters. You just have to have the patience and it develops the more you hunt.  Also, a cool little tip, if you want to breed say a shiny furfrou which is black, catch a female furfrou with a luxury ball ( or any ball you want ) , breed it with your ditto, and then you have a shiny furfrou in a luxury ball, all the babies other then that will also be in this ball. Hope i helped.

Ooh, thanks for the tips! I have some friend safaris but none have pokemon that I particularly want as a shiny (well, maybe ninetales...)

Ooh, thanks for the tips! I have some friend safaris but none have Pokemon that I particularly want as a shiny (well, maybe ninetales...)
Ooh, Ninetales is a beauty as a shiny. I don't know what my friend safari is, but you can add me if you want! Whats your fave Poke? If you have two 3ds's you could breed for one of the shiny hoenn starters and transfer them to Alpha Sapphire or Omega Ruby if you get them!

Here's my code: 126369502579

Favorite pokemon... Giratina XD (I really have no basis for this except I've loved Giratina since I discovered pokemon for some odd reason... he's cool?)

I only have 1 3ds... I guess I could borrow my sister's though. Did you get the demo for ORAS?
No demo for me! I want it all to be fresh when it all comes out! Plus i was too lazy to email gamefreak or whatever it is you have to do to get it. I'm asking for ORAS and a second 3ds xl for Christmas so that i can transfer, for when i hunt shinies that can only evovle trough trade. So far i'm at 100 eggs for my froakie, he's hard to tell at shiny, so i have to be careful. fc: 3754-8121-7522 like i said i have no idea what my fs is, let me know if you are in there lol. I added you through internet, i think i did it right but idk, let me know when youve added me so i can check.

Back
Top Bottom