Polands but what kind/colour?

cluckadoddledoo

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
Bought this pair a couple of days ago, the funniest characters I know they are Polands but what exactly? The hen makes as much noise as the cockerel!!!

I believe these are White Crested Blue Polish (someone correct me if I am wrong as I am new to this) but I have an 18 week old Blue roo who is so entertaining. Follows us everywhere and demands to be held. I think he likes being able to look down at the other polish as he has quite the "top hat". Enjoy your new chickens they are beautiful!!

I know this doesn't answer your question, but I love how your roo (in the second to last pic) looks like he is marching on patrol.

Thanks everyone, did think the term blue would come into it! :) They are so comical, he thinks he rules the roost but sad to say the other roos just ignore him rolling their eyes as of to say "whatever" :D Saw some gorgeous gold spangled polands too that really impressed, quite taken by them.

Am I right in thinking that if I breed from them they will produce a variety of colours as blue doesn't always produce blue?

Very cute! You can get blue, black and splash from blue to blue breedings, btw. Whatever you get, they are going to be adorable!

Back
Top Bottom