Ted Brown

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Dec 12, 2018
near Shawville Quebec Canada
My Coop
My Coop
About three years ago before I built my coop I installed eight posts as the basis of a run and fire wood storage area.

Last fall I installed the roof over the run area and added hardware cloth to enclose it (almost lol).

Over the past two weeks I finished the roof over the remaining area and am now moving the fire wood under cover. No more digging the wood out from winter's snow and ice.
IMG-20211023-WA0001.jpg
IMG-20211022-WA0003.jpg
IMG-20211023-WA0000.jpg

Last edited:
The pole shed is 12' by 40'ish and adjacent to the coop.

I no longer free run in an effort to eliminate NF mites which are prevalent in my area. My birds access the run areas (10' by 16', 3-4' high, under coop and 12' by 15', beside and part of) via a pop door and ramp.

A better photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20211022_155520_244.jpg
    IMG_20211022_155520_244.jpg
    825.3 KB · Views: 6
The pole shed is 12' by 40'ish and adjacent to the coop.

I no longer free run in an effort to eliminate NF mites which are prevalent in my area. My birds access the run areas (10' by 16', 3-4' high, under coop and 12' by 15', beside and part of) via a pop door and ramp.

A better photo.
So chicken run behind the door, and wood shed to the left?

So chicken run behind the door, and wood shed to the left?

Depends on which picture above. My last picture immediately above the coop is on the right; picture taken from behind the shed the coop is to the left and run is behind the winter tarps. Yes the door is into the run.

Depends on which picture above. My last picture immediately above the coop is on the right; picture taken from behind the shed the coop is to the left and run is behind the winter tarps. Yes the door is into the run.
The last pic, in the post I quoted.

I spent the afternoon closing predator vulnerabilities, both known and unknown, in the Run corners, nooks, crannies.Coop was built very tight.

It may be a mistake to wait to do this as one tends to forget where they are but it never hurts to carefully double check while one is in closeup mode. I have become more critical in deciding how big a hole I will allow, trying for 1/2" but sometimes that is difficult.

Back
Top Bottom