Polish chick with curled toes - happy story!

aSliceOfLife

Chirping
12 Years
Jan 28, 2007
Escondido, CA
I just want to thank all the really wonderful chicken lovers out there that helped me save the life of a week old Polish chick with curled toes. He could barely walk and kept coming down on his "knees" most of the time. The past Saturday I spent about an hour on the message board reading posts from other people who have had similar problems and found that by using a bandaid to straighten the toes, and more importantly adding some B vitamins (I used a general vitamin supplement) to his water, I was able to get him up and walking within a couple of days. I took the bandaid off after 2 days and although his middle toes are still a little curled, he sure is able to keep up with the rest of the other chicks now.

Again, thank you sooooo much for finding the advice I needed. My feed store suggested putting him out of his misery but if there was any chance, I wanted to give it to him. You are all angels to this little guy (or gal, don't know yet!!) Hugs!!! Heidi
ya.gif

D.gif

Again, thank you sooooo much for finding the advice I needed. My feed store suggested putting him out of his misery

...so many are unaware of the impact a simple (and the correct) vitamin supplement and the badage can have... great news
yippiechickie.gif

Can you please tell me about the band-aid method and what vitamin?I have 2 baby chicks with this problem.I would really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom