Polish Chickens ++Updated with Pics+

rooster0209

Songster
11 Years
Apr 7, 2008
North Dakota
When do Polish chickens start getting their top hat?

Mine are almost three months old and have yet to get the long head feathers.

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1086.jpg

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1087.jpg

Contacted MMM this morning. They didnt send the Polish, the hatch was bad that day. They are Silver Laced Wyondottes.....at least they go with the RLBW that I ordered. So not all is lost

Last edited:
I emailed MMM and asked. I am now questioning what I actually got. They were supposed to be white top hat black polish.

The birds have silverish feathering thru the body and their heads are either silver or silver-to-grey. I think they maybe silver laced wyondottes and not Polish.

There was a credit on my credit card a week after I received the birds. I never did ask why there was a credit nor did I receive an email explaining the credit.

hit.gif
my husband is polish and I wanted polish chickens
hit.gif

Yeah MMM Hatchery is bad about that.

I wanted BLRW so I ordered 15 from them, then like 25 other birds of different breeds. When they sent me my order I only got like 25 birds. There was a little tiny note stapled to the box.

'Sorry BLRW are out. We returned your money.'

Uh WHAT!? Thats the only reason I ordered from them.

So I had to call and grrr, to get a new order of them. But I had to buy 10 extra birds to fill up the box. So I was pretty ticked.

Oh well.

Sounds like you didn't get polish here's some of my white crested black kids....
This was at aprox 1 month (ETS - thank God for time stamps or I'd never keep any of these photos straight)
21675_dscn0571.jpg

same guy about a week earlier...
21675_dscn0972.jpg

hatch mate
21675_dscn0979.jpg

and these I got from Cackle. They are wc black, blue and some turkens in the shot This was at 1 week they have the visable crest as soon as they dry from hatching, though.
21675_dscn0912.jpg

I though you meant when would the crests start to feather out, not when do they get a crest. Sorry, but they should have had them from the beginning. I always think they look like someone glued a cotton ball on their heads!!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom