Polish Chickens ++Updated with Pics+

I will get pics in the morning and post.

I didnt notice the swap because I assumed I got what I ordered and I was not that familiar with the traits/colors of the birds.

ps..at least i wont have to build an extra enclosure to keep the polish separate
idunno.gif
tongue.gif

Quote:
I agree, The first ones are silver laced wyandottes, and the others are blue laced red wyandottes. They are nice looking pullets anyway
smile.png

I think if i got a goofed up order, i would be glad to get those birds.

Those are silver laced wyandottes and blue laced red wyandottes.

The silver laced are okay, i think the BLR look pretty good to be from a hatchery.

After seeing BLRW on here, I just had to order some. The Silver laced ones were supposed to be Polish. They are both beautiful birds either way. I am happy with the quality and the health of them. Even tho I would still like to have some Polish.

I didnt know Polish hatched with the top hat feathers, so I kept waiting and waiting and then I saw some youngsters posted here and that started me questioning. I should have been more aware of what I ordered and been more informed on the breed specifics of the birds. MMM still should have let me know.

Thanks

Quote:
I agree with this! Wyandottes are a very friendly breed. And you shouldn't admit that you did anything wrong. Because you didn't. The hatchery just messed you over an it was their error. You're very right, they still should have let you know.

Our first time ordering them, they sent us a few packing peanuts and didn't inform us, and we, as new ignorant chickens owners, thought they were extra hens. So when 7 giant RSL were running around mating hens, crowing and fighting each other over our 15 or so pullets, we knew we had a problem. I wasn't and I'm still not thrilled with the hatchery.

To top things off, one of the Black Australorp hens is very small. "she" is the exact same size as my silkies are. All of these chicks are 3 months old. I ordered 5 BA hens and I contacted MMM about this small one. They think its the "free" exotic bird but they can't explain why I only have 4 BA hens.

(excluding the mistake of thinking I had polish up until now) I am certain this chick is a black australorp...even tho its smaller than the other 4 hens and is the same size as my silkie. Also..........................................she is trying to crow!
barnie.gif

IMG_1100.jpg

smaller black chicken in the silkie pen

The other australorps are the same size as my wyondottes

Quote:
Thanks. I have never heard of that breed before. I googled and it is a very pretty bird. What is that white on the sides of their face?
What an interesting "free chick"

MMM probably didnt have 5 australorp hens and sent me an extra BLRW instead. Which isnt really that bad
ya.gif

MMM confirmed...you are correct! Its a bantum black rosecomb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom