polish chickens

Not being able to see it, it's hard to say, but it could be scaly leg mites. Do a search, or check in Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures. You can put mineral or vegetable oil on the leg to suffocate the mites, or you can dose the bird with Ivermectin (a systemic antiparasitical).

but I can not catch him to put it on what do I do
Go into your coop at night. When chickens are sleeping they are all but comatose. You should be able to pick him up off the roost with no trouble- you can doctor him up then.
thumbsup.gif

theres a problem with that my chickens are free range and he sleep high up in my barn.

He sleeps high up in my barn I cant get him. All my chickens are free range.

I had gotten him use to me holding him. his leg was doing so good. one day I found my girls near my horses with out Patrick and I was so worried. so I ran down to my barn and couldn't find him any where. the strange thing was I looked in my Tennessee walkers stall to find out if they layed. then went to look in the ditch to see if he was dead there. but before I could look my dad said he is hanging upside down in my horses hay rack. I thought he was joking but then I looked and I started poring down crying. when I got home my dad told me I could get a rooster. then we came across a new Hampshire rooster the same breed Patrick was I started to cry again. my dad asked what was wrong and I told him that was the same breed as Patrick. I never got another chicken again. I tried to but then my parents both said no.
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

Back
Top Bottom