Polish chicks?

ChickenPox

Songster
8 Years
Feb 2, 2011
Middle GA
No pictures because I'm just busy like that, but I have some polish chicks that I am as confused as sin on. They are all the same age (8/12/14 hatch.) Some of them I can pick out as boys due to the spikey fro, but others either don't have much of a top knot at all, or have the rounded poofy fro but have RED wattles. (While the other round headed ones don't have any wattle development at all.

Does anyone have pics of approximately 3 month old polish they can share, with genders? I plan on getting pics this weekend. Stupid full time job, getting in the way of doing things I WANT to do. LOL! ;)

Polish are hard to sex. A rounded crest dosnt always mean pullet.

Pullet.

Roo

Pullets

Roo

Thanks for the pics!!! It is my white crested black that looks just like that one you posted......rounded crest, but red wattles. The other one has a rounded crest but no wattles. I'm hoping for a pair. My silver laced is an obvious boy with a huge spikey hairdo. (I'm thinking I may have more boys than girls!) And my poor buff laced don't have any crests at all yet.....just tufts! What is a good age to accurately sex them by? The roos get the hackle and saddle feathers like other breeds?

To be quite honest I guess untill the Roos start crowing!!! About 14 weeks you can usually tell for sure. As you can see the White crested black roo in the bottom pic has a nice round crest this is what confused me with him but the wattles are just starting. This is a pic of the same bird taken about 6 weeks after the first pic.

His crest has gone wild and spikey.

This is my roo snowy he has the feathers coming on.

I LOVE the frizzled polish!! All of mine are smooth. I REALLY wanted some whites, but didn't get any. I have the white crested blacks, silver laced, buff laced, and gold laced. About 10 total. There is a swap this weekend I was going to take the extras to, but I don't want to get rid of anything without knowing for sure yet! LOL! I may be able to get some pics tonight, but with this awful time change, I doubt I will. I will certainly try though!

I don't have any white either but they are nice. The breeder I got my eggs from has a white hen. My last batch produced this frizzle chick as its feathers grew they did look white but I sold them on before I could be sure. What's your thoughts?

Well, it looks white, but my buff laced also started out looking white too! LOL! I thought for sure they were going to be white. White frizzles are my favorite! I would love to get some!

Back
Top Bottom