Pullet or cockerel?? 1 month old silver pencilled bantam Wyandotte chick

briannajustine

Chirping
Sep 17, 2021
Hi all,

Got this little chick as a sexed female but those little pink wattles have got me questioning her gender. I’ve never had wyandottes before, and she’s my only one being raised with two polishes so I have nothing to compare her with. I’ve read that with the pencilled wyandottes the males will grow in solid feathers rather than patterned, but not sure if this is true. She has the personality of a pullet, the cockerels I’ve had in the past have always been friendly and more curious as chicks were as she is a bit flighty.
I’m hoping someone could shed some insight into whether she might be a male or female? Sorry for the bad pics she kept jumping off my arm. I can get some better ones if needed

Thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_4003.jpeg
    IMG_4003.jpeg
    779.9 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_4008.jpeg
    IMG_4008.jpeg
    906.1 KB · Views: 30
Agreed, she looks like a pullet so far! Wyandottes often get wattles early, so they can keep people guessing.
Oh great good to know! She’s had me stressing as she seemed way more developed then my polishes the same age. She looks like this now a few weeks later and is definitely redder (it is VERY hot here today too so not sure if that affects things) but not much growth in her wattles and still no comb growth so I’m still being optimistic. Behaviour is still 100% female to me too 🤞
IMG_4320.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom