Polish Crested Bantam - still no eggs

MicheleE

In the Brooder
10 Years
Jul 7, 2009
I have a Polished Crested Bantam that will be a year old in a couple months and still we have had not a single egg. She is skittish as the other hens (all non-bantam, non-crested) sometimes don't let her join in on eating treats that I bring out. Personality-wise I would say she is timid. Do you think I will ever get eggs from her?

I think it is her atmosphere that is causing her to not lay eggs. If she's being bullied, acts scared of things all the time, etc - The stress will halt her egg production. And then, there's also the fact that a lot of Polish out there don't lay until much later. Personally I've never had such issues, but it does happen.

I have 2 white crested black polish. They get along well with the flock & are not under any stress. the darn things almost never lay an egg. They are 10 months old & between the two I've gotten maybe 10 eggs total. I used to think they were hiding them in the yard somewhere & I couldn't find them - but now with winter they never leave the coop & still don't lay eggs.

It must be the breed.

I have one who lays and she is 11 months old, but the 4 who are 7 months old I've gotten nada from
sad.png

I think the low egg laying may be why they live a long life, some lines lay better then others. My girls line was supposed to be a good line for egg laying but who knows. She's the one I got just for looks not for her egg laying though as my sex links lay well.

I have around 20+ bantam polish and as long as I have light and they are out of the weather then they lay. I get an egg about every 3 or 4 days from the ones that are over 10 months(they do go in spurts though). If it is real cold they slow why down.My standard polish lay almost daily with 12-14 hours of light. I do notice when I move the pens then they stop for a week. If I mess with them or bother them a lot it effects the laying too but thats just for the whites. My BCW are very laid back and are pretty good layers.
Quote:

Back
Top Bottom