Polish Crested- Pullets or Roosters? about 7 weeks old

bremat

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 7, 2009
KY
These Polish chicks are about 7 weeks old. I got them out of the bantam bin at Orschelyn's (sp?) Any ideas on their gender yet? Thank you for your help!!!
fl.gif
Really hoping at least one is a pullet because I already have 2 other big polish roosters!
chick #1
30566_100_2533.jpg

30566_100_2535.jpg

Chick #2
30566_100_2534.jpg

Last edited:
Chick #1 I would say pullet

Chick #2...ehhh........could go either way!
hmm.png

ETA: I'm going roo on #2. I think, anyway LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
Ok, I can live with that. That would mean I have 3 polish roosters and one hen......kinda backwards of the way I would want it, but better than them all being roos!

It's pretty hard to tell. For some reason, I always have a tuffer time with WCBs.
hmm.png
The crests look very similar. For your sake, because I'm probably wrong, I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm in the same boat with you (on my Polish). Waiting is truely the hardest part.

well, hmm. my polish looks like a hen, and she is 7 weeks. your two don't really look like her, so i'm gonna guess roos, but I could be wrong, so don't count you roos before they crow
smile.png

These look like they could be the twin siblings of our 5-week old Polish. So how DO you tell cockerel from pullet for those that seem to be so sure of their gender ID on these chicks? What should we be looking for? Our other chicks were sold to us as pullets so we are assuming they are hens but the Polish was a straight run so we just don't know.

Back
Top Bottom