Polish Crested- Pullets or Roosters? about 7 weeks old

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by bremat, Jun 14, 2009.

1. bremat

bremat In the Brooder

May 7, 2009
    KY
    These Polish chicks are about 7 weeks old. I got them out of the bantam bin at Orschelyn's (sp?) Any ideas on their gender yet? Thank you for your help!!! [​IMG] Really hoping at least one is a pullet because I already have 2 other big polish roosters!
    chick #1
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #2[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  2. txchickie

txchickie Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    Texas
    Chick #1 I would say pullet

Chick #2...ehhh........could go either way! [​IMG]

ETA: I'm going roo on #2. I think, anyway LOL

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  3. bremat

bremat In the Brooder

May 7, 2009
    KY
    Quote:Ok, I can live with that. That would mean I have 3 polish roosters and one hen......kinda backwards of the way I would want it, but better than them all being roos!

4. bremat

bremat In the Brooder

May 7, 2009
    KY
    Anyone else have an opinion? The suspense is killing me! [​IMG]

5. It's pretty hard to tell. For some reason, I always have a tuffer time with WCBs. [​IMG] The crests look very similar. For your sake, because I'm probably wrong, I'll keep my mouth shut. I'm in the same boat with you (on my Polish). Waiting is truely the hardest part.

6. chicksrocka

chicksrocka In the Brooder

Jun 4, 2009
    well, hmm. my polish looks like a hen, and she is 7 weeks. your two don't really look like her, so i'm gonna guess roos, but I could be wrong, so don't count you roos before they crow [​IMG]

7. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Both are pullets. and they are so cute.

8. willandtessasmama

willandtessasmama Hatching

May 27, 2010
    These look like they could be the twin siblings of our 5-week old Polish. So how DO you tell cockerel from pullet for those that seem to be so sure of their gender ID on these chicks? What should we be looking for? Our other chicks were sold to us as pullets so we are assuming they are hens but the Polish was a straight run so we just don't know.

9. shay20

shay20 Shay's Flock of Fun

Jul 31, 2008
    in the wild, Mass
    Quote:You can tell by the crest, see how nice and smooth they are rounded off going down? those are girls,
    t=see the polish in my avater , that is a boy, boys are pointy crazy all over.

AdelleSV and HamiamHens like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: