Polish egg

geina

Songster
Feb 8, 2017
Ohio
I have a polish egg in bator and it's on day 9 and it's moving but it's just a small dot. Is this normal just seems really small and yes I know they are smaller chickens. Just haven't had very good luck this year had 48 eggs with only one hatch and it died three hours later. They all pop internally but die before external pip not sure what I'm doing wrong. Hoping things get better for me.

It will seem quite small at day 9 but as long as you have movement and can see veins it should be ok.

This is a day 7 polish embryo ~

9F0E9A58-5980-421D-A6DC-177CE2CA008E.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a polish egg in bator and it's on day 9 and it's moving but it's just a small dot. Is this normal just seems really small and yes I know they are smaller chickens. Just haven't had very good luck this year had 48 eggs with only one hatch and it died three hours later. They all pop internally but die before external pip not sure what I'm doing wrong. Hoping things get better for me.

What you are describing sounds suspiciously like poor nutrition in the brood pen or an egg handling or storage issue. At the very least your chicks are just too weak to make it out of the egg and still have enough vital energy to live.

Another thought for me also with them piping internally but not externally would be your air cell.

Is it growing large enough over the entire incubation period in order for them to pip in to it safely. Sometimes too high a humidity during the incubation period can cause a small air cell and fluid in the air cell. This in turn could cause drowning once they have internally pipped.

Back
Top Bottom