Polish Gender help

hollymh

*A Scrambled Egg*
15 Years
Feb 8, 2009
Texas
At a loss, I have two one was for sure a boy but this one is an unknown... Guesses? It's just around for looks but I would love for "it" to be a girl... About 12 wks old now

Last edited:
It's a pullet -
yesss.gif

one way to identify the gender of chickens ( once they are feathered) is to look at the combs, lobes and the 'rump' feathers. If they are pointy/ taper to a point then its likely / definitely likely to be a boy. if the feathers are softly rounded then its a girl. the problem with differing breeds is that some have very different wattles and combs so they aren't a reliable source unless you know a lot about that particular breed. However in saying that, from the comb of this polish I would say that its a girl ( and its lack of wattles also suggest this) however the tail feathers aren't very clear. Could you post a pic of the ' rump' to tail feathers?

one way to identify the gender of chickens ( once they are feathered) is to look at the combs, lobes and the 'rump' feathers. If they are pointy/ taper to a point then its likely / definitely likely to be a boy. if the feathers are softly rounded then its a girl. the problem with differing breeds is that some have very different wattles and combs so they aren't a reliable source unless you know a lot about that particular breed. However in saying that, from the comb of this polish I would say that its a girl ( and its lack of wattles also suggest this) however the tail feathers aren't very clear. Could you post a pic of the ' rump' to tail feathers?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! I won the chicken LOTTERY!!! lol I only ordered 3, one perished and the other was a roo for sure so this is exciting! It's actually my husbands chick, he calls her Pompous bc she reminds him of pompous grass lol

wee.gif
He was pretty excited to have a hen, as am I, Thanks guy!!!

Back
Top Bottom